Ways to Consume Delta 8 THC
Delta 8 THC: An Overview
Cannabis is full of cannabinoids that interact with our body’s endocannabinoid system– the biological system made up of neurotransmitters and cannabinoid receptors which respond to the chemical compounds found in cannabis sativa.
Delta 8 THC is a cannabinoid quickly gaining widespread popularity. It should come as no surprise that delta 8 consumers report experiencing clear headed highs and relaxation, and none of the negatives effects typically associated with delta 9 THC (the primary cannabinoid in marijuana that gets you “high”) such as paranoia, dry eyes/mouth, cloudy thinking, etc. For a more in depth analysis of what delta 8 THC is, and how it compares to delta 9 THC, please refer to our June 26, 2020 blog entitled “What is Delta 8 THC?”.
Below, we discuss the various methods of how you can get your daily dose of delta 8 THC!
Delta 8 THC-Infused Gummies
One of the most common ways consumers enjoy consuming their delta 8 THC is by eating delta 8 THC-infused gummies. Let’s explore some key reasons why delta 8 gummies are so popular!
1) Dosing is easy and understandable. Most gummies have a one piece serving size, but you should refer to the “Supplemental Facts” on the container for the correct dosing information.
2) They taste great (or at least ours do!), and there are a variety of flavors out there. Lifted Made’s delta 8 THC-infused gummies come in multiple flavors including watermelon, mango, birthday cake, tropical lush and green apple. People report to love the texture and the size of our delta 8 gummies.
3) Affordability. URB Delta 8 THC gummies are 10 mg/piece, and sold in a 10 piece container for $14.99/container. We also offer 25 mg/piece gummies in a 10 piece container available for purchase for $24.99/container.
4) Vegan options! If you are vegan, we have several flavors of vegan delta 8 THC-infused gummies available for you to enjoy. Our delta 8 vegan gummies offer a soft consistency. The best part? They also taste fantastic, and no animals were harmed in the production of the gummies.
5) Onset of effects: Typically, delta 8 gummies’ effects activate within 25-45 minutes and last for about 4 hours.
Delta 8 THC Cartridges
Delta 8 THC cartridges (“carts”) are a great option for people who want to feel the effects of the delta 8 THC immediately. If you vape, you are probably familiar with carts. If you aren’t, here is the rundown on what you need to know about delta 8 THC carts:
- Make sure that any cart you are interested in does not have any additives or fillers like Vitamin E acetate, which can cause serious harm to your body. The cart should simply contain delta 8 THC distillate and terpene profiles (FYI, terpenes are basically the “essential oils” of hemp, add to the flavor and scent of the product, and improve the effects of the product).
- Make sure that the cart you are interested in has a ceramic coil cartridge. It’s important to get a ceramic coil cartridge, as opposed to a metal coil cartridge, because there is no risk of burning the delta 8 THC distillate, and it delivers a great smooth taste.
- Onset of effects: vaping users report to immediately experience the effects of delta 8 THC.
If you do decide to go with a cart, you’ll want to make sure to have a battery to screw onto the cart, so that you can vape it. On our website, we sell a battery called the “Skinny Battery”, which has 4 heat settings plus a warming feature. It also has a micro USB pass through charging cable. This way, you can vape while it charges. Our carts are “510 thread”, and the Skinny Battery fits all 510 thread carts.
Please note, the delta 8 THC distillate is very thick. Pure delta 8 THC distillate is one of the thickest and hardest hemp extracts to work with. Lifted Made’s delta 8 THC distillate is very potent, with certificates of analysis reporting approximately 85% delta 8 THC per cart. Some other cart brands on the market have carts at just 60% delta 8 THC; hence, the oil is much thinner and evaporates easier.
It is very important to ensure use of the correct wattage settings in order to vape our cartridges. We advise a 3.2-3.8V and a battery with a preheat setting to enable the oil to vaporize properly. If you are using our Skinny Battery on our delta 8 THC cart, we recommend: use the preheat setting (click the button on the side of the battery twice) and then click the button three times to adjust the heat setting to the “blue” setting (3.4 volts).
Delta 8 THC Caviar Cones
One of Lifted Made’s top-selling products is the delta 8 THC caviar cone. The delta 8 THC caviar cone is a pre-rolled joint that contains Hawaiian Haze hemp flower (sativa dominant hybrid) which is then covered with pineapple express terpene-infused Delta 8 THC distillate and cherry wine kief (basically, the pollen from the hemp flower). Each joint contains 0.8 grams of hemp flower, and comes in a glass tube. This is a great option for the consumer who does not mind (or enjoys) smoking.
Delta 8 THC Dabs
Dabbing is recommended for the more experienced delta 8 THC consumer, or for individuals who have dabbed before, and are comfortable with its effects. Dabbing is the vaporization of cannabis concentrates, once they are applied to a hot surface and inhaled. Because you are vaporizing concentrates, a little goes a long way, so you want to be careful about how much you dab. In order to dab, you’ll need:
- A “dab rig”. This is similar to a bong.
- A “nail”. This is where the delta 8 THC concentrate is placed.
- A “dabber”. This is the object that is used to put the concentrate in the nail.
- A cigar torch. The cigar torch is used to heat up the nail.
- And of course, your delta 8 THC dab. Lifted Made has three strains of delta 8 THC dabs available for sale. Currently in our inventory, we have: Banana Runts, Maui Wowie and Watermelon Zkittlez.
Now that you have all of your dabbing essentials, this is how you dab:
- Put the delta 8 THC concentrate on your dabber. Set it aside.
- Turn on your cigar torch and point the flame on the nail.
- Once the nail is hot, turn off the cigar torch and set it aside.
- Using your dabber, place the delta 8 THC dab on the nail and inhale on the dab rig, and then exhale.
There are all sorts of dab rigs, nails, dabbers, and torches in the marketplace for sale. There are also accessories such as carb caps, available for purchase, that may enhance your dabbing experience. Dabbing is not recommended for novice delta 8 THC users and certainly not for people who lack experience using cigar torches. Nonetheless, people who get into dabbing seem to become more and more hooked on it, and report the immediate rush of effects.